Pontiac, MI, US
We are seeking a dynamic, innovative and solution-focused individual to lead our program operations.
If you are looking for an opportunity to lead a professional workforce that is engaged and passionate about the organizations mission and vision, and you are looking to make a real difference, then Oakland Family Services may have the career opportunity for you!
Oakland Family Services is a private, not-for-profit, human services organization that provides programs from four offices and within our community located throughout Oakland County. As a leader in child and family-focused services, Oakland Family Services reaches more than 35,000 individuals and 18,000 families each year. We offer a warm and engaging work environment; ability to work with dedicated professionals in addition to excellent benefits and programs.
The Vice President of Program Operations has authority and responsibility to provide leadership for and supervision of the Agency's programs. These tasks will include, but not be limited to: strategic planning; development and administration of programs and activities within the structure and general policies of the Agency; direction and coordination of staff resources; creative response to community needs (based on trends, data and the modification/implementation of programs and policies). The incumbent will define and adopt methods that provide timely and relevant service delivery and enhance the quality of Agency services. He/she will participate in the general administration of the Agency and shares in additional duties during the absence of the President. The incumbent will interact with the general staff, the Board of Directors, volunteers, interns and other professionals/agencies, and the community-at-large. The Vice President of Program Operations provides leadership to personnel resulting in the highest professionalism with the effective, least intrusive, cost effective and highest quality delivery. The following represents a summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents in this position. The incumbent may be requested to perform related tasks other than those specifically presented.
- Master's degree from an accredited school in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or related field.
- State licensure or certification commensurate with accrued experience and degree obtained.
- Ten years’ experience human services management (three years of which involve executive level leadership experience).
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, management and analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and influence others perform professionally and effectively.
- Knowledge of standard principles and practices of leadership, motivation, team building, quality improvement and problem resolution.
- Able to make solid, consistent decisions based on Agency processes, policies, values, decision making criteria, operating principles and external mandated requirements.
- Knowledge of performance management and progressive disciplinary process.
- Knowledge of basic labor and employment laws, such as FMLA, ADA, EEOC, FLSA, to operationalize at program levels.
- Excellent clinical skills and ability to communicate with others about clinical matters. Knowledge and understanding of best practices in service delivery. .
- Highly developed interpersonal, public speaking, problem solving, time management,decision making skills and written/oral communication skills required.
- Ongoing training in leadership and management is required.
- Special abilities and skills necessary to perform the required tasks and that best meet the needs of the Agency also will be considered. Any standard above may be waived when compensating specifications or circumstances exist.
For YOUR Brighter Future, We Proudly Offer
Industry Competitive Wages Advancement Opportunities BCBS, BCN and Delta Dental Benefits
Flexible Work Schedules Work/Life Balance Generous Paid Time Off Benefits
11 Paid Holidays 403b Retirement Savings Plan …and more!
Visit our Career Center on our website at: www.oaklandfamilyservices.org